Shaunavon’s 2022 TWINKLE TOUR - December 15th, 2022 after 5:30pm - Decorate the front of your house and/or yard for Christmas & register your house for a chance to be labelled one of the following titles: Merry & Bright A Disney Delight Holiday Traditions Deadline to register: Dec. 12th at 4pm
Southwest Regional Emergency Measures Organization
Position: Regional Resilience Specialist
The Southwest Regional EMO is searching for a qualified and motivated individual who prioritizes safety and emergency response by providing leadership on resilience, emergency planning and regional coordination with the Shaunavon and Gull Lake Districts. The successful applicant will fill the part-time (up to 30 hours per week) position as Regional Resilience Specialist. This position shall be a two-year contract with a chance that the opportunity may be extended after the two-year initial contract. (considerations may also be given to an employee position)
The Regional Resilience Specialist is responsible for the overseeing, in partnership with the Regional members, the process, development, delivery and evaluation of resilience and emergency planning. In addition, this position is responsible for relationship building and maintenance with internal and external partners and stakeholders at the municipal, provincial and federal level. We emphasize the importance of this role where it is crucial to the safety of all civilians within the Region in instances of Emergency Response.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the activation of an Emergency Operations Centre as required in each municipality.
- Ensuring that first responders are equipped with protocols, training and equipment needed to coordinate site-based emergencies with the municipal Emergency Operations Centre.
- Collaborating with the Senior Administration within Regional Partnership to ensure the emergency program can be activated in each municipality and build capacity within the municipality for emergency management.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Four to six years related experience in resilience planning, business/services continuity or emergency management.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and be competent using technology.
- Contractors must provide all software and equipment to complete the required tasks.
REGIONAL EMO MEMBER MUNICIPALITIES:
Shaunavon & District EMO:
- Town of Shaunavon
- RM of Wise Creek No. 77
- RM of Grassy Creek No. 78
- RM of Arlington No. 79
- RM of Bone Creek No. 108
Gull Lake & District EMO:
- Town of Gull Lake
- RM of Webb No. 138 (Inclusive of Village of Webb)
- RM of Carmichael No. 109
- RM of Gull Lake No. 139
Visit shaunavon.com to view the full Job Description
DEADLINE TO APPLY: December 16th, 2022 by 4pm
*Applicants must post pay expectations along with their application which will be discussed at time of interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest, although only those who will receive an interview will be contacted.
Click HERE for the full Job Description