Holly Jolly Saturday - Parade of Lights
Holly Jolly Saturday! December 5, 2020
Due to increased cases of COVID-19
THE 2020 PARADE OF LIGHTS HAS CHANGED!
Events will no longer be held on Thursday, December 3.
Instead, we hope that you will enjoy
Shaunavon's Holly Jolly Saturday
on Saturday, December 5
The day will include a Parade (actually, a Reverse Parade), Shopping & Fireworks - we're just doing it differently!
Shop & Win! $1,500 in Prizes!
Support your local Shaunavon Chamber of Commerce businesses and collect stamps on your Shop in Shaunavon & Win Game Card!
We appreciate everyone following the COVID-19 Guidelines—wearing masks, sanitizing hands,and practicing physical distancing when visiting our local businesses.
Parade of Lights - A REVERSE PARADE starting at 7:00PM
The floats will stand still and you drive by!
· Floats will be parked on 3rd Avenue.
· Parade-goers vehicles line up on 3rd Ave. East before 7:00PM, starting at the Elk’s Hall, facing West (watch for the lead vehicle).
· Reverse Parade starts rolling at 7:00 PM.
Download the Parade of Lights Registration Form
Many thanks to Supreme Greens & A&B Auto for helping with Santa’s sleigh!
Local FM Radio Broadcast! From 7:00 to 8:00PM
Tune your radio to FM98.5 and enjoy a variety of holiday entertainment as you drive through the Parade and wait for the start of the Fireworks!
sponsored by the Grand Coteau Heritage & Cultural Centre
Starting approximately 8:00PM
located at the Sports Grounds North of the Crescent Point Wickenheiser Centre
Many thanks to Pioneer Co-op Ag for generously sponsoring the Fireworks display!
COVID-19 Guidelines for the Parade & Fireworks:
Please read and follow all guidelines to make these events as safe as possible, thank you!
- Anyone who is unwell or symptomatic must remain home.
- Individuals are required to remain inside or within arm’s reach of their vehicles and not permitted to move to other vehicles (i.e. not to go sit with friends)
- No objects may be passed between vehicles.
- People are discouraged from unnecessarily leaving their vehicles during the event.
- Vehicle occupants should be limited to members from the same household or extended household contacts.
- If it is necessary to leave the vehicle, appropriate physical distancing practices must be maintained at all times.
- Individuals using other modes of transportation to attend the event (walking, biking, etc.) should maintain physical distancing of two-metres and join the vehicles with persons from the same household or extended household contacts as soon as they arrive. If not joining a vehicle, observers are limited to no more than 10 people observing all physical distancing protocols.
- Private indoor gatherings may have a maximum of five people in the home or in buildings located on the private property (eg. garages, sheds). Two-metres physical distancing should be observed when people from outside the extended household are present.
- Download the Complete List of Guidelines for Drive In Based Events
Sponsored by the Shaunavon Chamber of Commerce
We will be monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following public health measures as recommended by the Saskatchewan Health Authority. We sincerely hope that circumstances will not prevent us from moving forward with these events, and we appreciate everyone for your diligence in doing your part to keep our community safe & well.