REGIONAL BYLAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER - Bonnie Lingenfelter
The Regional Bylaw Officer will work in the Town of Eastend, Village of Frontier, Town of Gull Lake, and the Town of Shaunavon. The Regional Bylaw Officer will receive general direction from each respective Chief Administrative Officer/Administrator.
Lingenfelter will investigate complaints from citizens, Town departments, Council, and other government agencies with respect to alleged infractions of the Town’s regulatory bylaws and will undertake appropriate action to gain compliance by negotiation, Council, or Court.
Report Suspected Bylaw Infractions:
Suspected bylaw violations can be submitted to the Shaunavon Town Office in writing or by dropping off the Bylaw complaint form. The complaint form is available at the Town Office or download the form here. To aid staff in responding to your complaint in a timely manner, please insure the following information is completed on the form:
- Your name and phone number for contact, if follow-up is required
- The address and location of the property for which you are submitting a complaint
- A short and concise description of the complaint
Any personal information you provide is confidential and will not be disclosed to the subject of the complaint. It is important to have the complaint in writing for future references.
What happens after I submit a bylaw complaint?
- The staff at the Town Office will file your complaint into the system and then forward it to the Bylaw Enforcement Officer.
- The assigned officer will visit the location of the complaint to conduct an initial inspection. Depending on the volume of complaints and available time, it may take several days before an initial inspection occurs. Complaints are handled on a priority basis.
- If there appears to be a bylaw violation, the officer will take appropriate action to achieve compliance, depending on the type of violation.
The following are Town of Shaunavon Bylaws, Policies & Forms that are frequently requested by residents.
For information on Bylaws, Polices & Forms not included in this list, please contact the Town Office.
- ATV Bylaw No. 2001-06
- Building Bylaw No. 2020-09
- Business Bylaw: to Classify, License, Regulate and Govern Business No. 2019-08 *Contractors, door-to-door sales people and individuals who sell merchandise via home parties or by leaving merchandise at places of work, etc., are required to purchase a Town business license.
- Cemetary Bylaw No. 2019-15
- Animal Control Bylaw No. 2007-08
- Domestic Waste Bylaw: to Provide for the Collection, Removal & Disposal of Domestic Waste & Other Refuse No. 2017-14
- Fee Bylaw No. 2019-06
- Fire Prevention Bylaw No. 98-14
- Fire Restriction Bylaw No. 2018-07
- Noise Bylaw No. 2010-16
- Nuisance Bylaw No. 2005-20
- Refuse Bylaw No. 2020-12
- Snow Removal Bylaw No. 2007-15
- Tax Incentives and Penalties Bylaw No. 2020-11
- Tax Policy Bylaw No. 2021-03
- Traffic Bylaw No. 2020-10
- Trailer Licensing Bylaw No. 2021-05
- Water & Sewer Bylaw No. 2020-06 - Effective October 2020
- Zoning Bylaw (Consolidated) 2021
WEBSITE GIVEAWAY CODE WORD: FRANK
- Building Guidelines *An Application for a Building/Development Permit is required for all structural construction projects within the Town, including decks. No permits are needed for detached accessory buildings less than 100 sq. ft, however set-backs are still required to be met. Fences and signs do not require a permit, but must conform to Town bylaws and Policies.
- Cemetery Monument & Marker Application Form
- Cemetery Rules & Regulations
- Discretionary Use Application
- E-Bill Authorization Form
- Lottery License Application
- Municipal Approval for Liquor Permit
- Property Pin Locate Request
- Service Connection Application
- Urban Plumbing Permit