All dog and cat owners should obey the Town of Shaunavon Bylaw for Licensing, Regulating and Controlling Cats and Dogs.
Common-sense tips to protect your pets:
- Fence your yard and check it regularly for escape routes. For the safety of both your pet and visitors (wanted or unwanted), keep yard gates locked.
- Leash your pets at all times and don’t allow them to roam.
- Keep a collar on your pet that has an ID and CURRENT tags.
- Transport your pet in a carrier. Never take your pet to the Vet or anywhere unless it is secured.
- Get some good photos of your pet.
- Both males and females will be less likely to wander if they are spayed or neutered. An added benefit is that they will live a longer, happier, healthier life.