Southwest Waste Management Authority Regional Landfill
LOCATION: Highway 13 - Dollard, SK
Landfill phone number 306-297-4020
WINTER HOURS - starting October 1st 2023
Open Monday to Friday - 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and the weekends of Statutory Holidays
Triways Recycling is avalaible at the Landfill. Please see the attached document below for full information on what can and cannot be recycled.
Cypress Hills Ability Centre operates an Eco-Centre used for oil, container and filter collection at 395 7th St. W. (306) 297-2776.
Garbage Collection: Grey Bins
The Town of Shaunavon has converted to a tote system for garbage collection.
If you find that the tote is not sufficient for your waste requirements, please contact the Town Office, we would like to hear from the residents regarding size and functionality prior to finalizing the arrangements for special requests. Example: multi user residential properties such as a duplex or rental suite property.
If you are a small commercial entity and you would like to convert to a tote system please contact the office.
GUIDELINES FOR GARBAGE CART USAGE: RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY
- Use of the cart is mandatory.
STREET PICKUP: Face the front of the bin towards the street (with the wheels towards the curb.)
ALLEY PICKUP: Face the front of the bin towards the alley (with the wheels towards the fence.)
The bins also need to be placed THREE FEET away from any obstacles (just like the Triway bins).
- All materials placed in your cart must be bagged.
- NO refuse is to be placed on the top of the cart.
- Excess refuse left beside the cart will not be picked up.
Residential carts are to be placed for pick up prior to 7:00 am on your designated waste collection day. It should be returned to your property within 12 hours, with the lid closed.
If your household has minimal garbage, you do not have to set your cart out every week.
Garbage Pick Up Schedule:
East side: Every Monday
West side: Every Thursday
*In the event that a Stat Holiday falls on one of these dates, garbage will be picked up on the following week day.*
Please continue recycling!
The following items are NOT to be placed in your garbage cart:
Chemicals - Building/Demolition Material - Explosives
Dirt, Rocks, Sand - Animal Carcasses - Flammable Liquids
Pesticides - Metal/Steel - Tires - Motor Oil
Electronics - Batteries - Medications
Paint - Ashes - Branches
Please note that each garbage bin is assigned to a civic address. Please leave garbage bins at the property they belong to.
Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact the Town Office with any questions you may have. 306-297-2605
Locations Allocated For Front-Side Garbage Pickup
NEW LOCATIONS ALLOCATED FOR FRONT-SIDE GARBAGE PICKUP
Town of Shaunavon Garbage Collection is located in the back-alley for most residents. Please be advised that by recommendation of the Public Works Committee, that the following locations have relocated waste collection from the back alley to front-side pick-up, effective the week of May 20th, 2019:
FRONT-SIDE PICK UP LOCATIONS IN SHAUNAVON:
- 300 and 400 blocks of 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Street West;
- 600 block of 1st, 2nd , & 3rd Street West;
- All of 9th Street West;
- 7th Avenue from 4th Street West to 9th Street West;
- 300 block of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Streets East;
- 100 and 200 blocks of 4th and 5th Streets East;
- 600 block of 2nd and 3rd Streets East; and
- Civic Addresses of 595 to 628 Poplar Crescent
Click here to download the garbage pick up map
Residential Single Stream Recycling: Triways (Blue Bins)
Click HERE to download the 2024 Triways Recycling Collection Schedule
• Pick up will be in the Back Alley
• Front of Cart Must Face the Alley with 3 Feet Clearance of All Obstacles (this includes fence - if up against fence driver will assume cart does not need to be emptied) Check for overhead lines - there must be 14 feet of vertical clearance. (large wheels and hinge of lid are at the back of the cart - front faces the alley)
• IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A TOTE please contact the Town Office at 306-297-2605
The TRIWAYS blue recycling totes and the recycling service have been made available at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE to the residents of the Town of Shaunavon.
• Totes were delivered to occupied households only, if property becomes inhabited in future, please call the Town Office to arrange for delivery of a recycling tote.
• Businesses are encouraged to pursue their options with various recycling service providers
• Residents who wish to have more frequent pick ups of their recycling must make arrangements directly with Triways Disposal Service (306-773-7575). Charges for additional pick ups are the responsibility of the resident.
• The SARCAN Recycling Depot will continue to operate as normal.
The Town of Shaunavon anticipates that this service will help to make recycling easier and more accessible for our residents and will help to reduce the amount of waste being sent to the landfill.
Thank you for recycling!
Shaunavon offers a Compost Pile for disposing of leaves and grass clippings ONLY. The Compost Pile is located on the East edge of town, up 6th Ave E.
**The Southwest Waste Management Authority is located at the landfill and accepts clean tree branches FREE OF CHARGE.
Please remove any plastic or garbage bags and properly dispose them in your garbage bin.
DO NOT DUMP THE FOLLOWING AT THE COMPOST PILE:
- Anything that isn’t a leaf or grass clipping
- Bagged Compost Waste