Summer Active After School Program
This year’s theme is Little Detectives: Join to learn and practice your detective skills! Games, crafts and more!
The After School Program will run on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning at 3:30pm. Drop off and pick up will take place at Shaunavon public school (SPS) activities will take place throughout the surrounding recreation areas (Jubilee Park, Shaunavon Swimming Pool, Splash Park, CPWC). Parents are responsible for drop-off, which will be immediately after school at SPS, and pick-up which is between 4:30 and 5pm at the latest. Please have your child (or children) bring or wear appropriate clothing for the activities (i.e. running shoes, swim suit). Snacks will be provided but parents are welcome to pack their child other snacks and are encouraged to send their child with ample water. I will email a sheet about the rules and schedule for the program upon successful registration. Please go through the rules with your child or children prior to their attendance!
This program is FREE butParents must PRE-REGISTER their child in their preferred sessions, as spots are limited. Registration closes Friday, May 26th. To register, CLICK HERE to fill out the registration form . If you have any questions, contact Paige Erickson (306)-618-9142 or email@example.com. You may also pick up a form at the Wellness & Leisure Office (2nd floor CPWC).
Braydon Coburn Hockey School 2023
Braydon Coburn Hockey School is returning July 17-21, 2023 - more info to come! Follow Braydon Coburn Hockey School on Facebook for more information.
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grand Coteau Heritage and Cultural Centre, Shaunavon Library, Shaunavon Wellness & Leisure Committee and Economic Development Committee have partnered to create a novel community program called Me Time!
WRITE YOUR OWN STORY WORKSHOP
- Join us for our next Me Time activity - A write your story workshop! Start to write your own story, or get some ideas for preserving the stories of your parents, grandparents, and the people you love. FREE! Registration info in the photo
Taste of Me Time Wrap Up Event
- Join us at Memorial Park / Randy Surjik Memorial Amphitheatre on Wednesday June 7th for our Taste of Me Time wrap up event!
- Everyone is welcome to come and participate in any of these fun, free activities - or if you’d rather just come by to watch and hangout in the park, that’s welcome too!
- There will be Lawn Games, Snacks, a POP UP Library throughout the evening, accompanied with some fun activities scheduled:
- 6:30-7pm - Barre workout & Yoga for Everyone
- 7 - 7:45pm - Drum circle led by Trea Jensen
- 7:15pm - 7:45pm - Karate seminar with Anna Morin
- AGES 18+
- We can’t believe 10 months of good, fun Me Time has already gone by, it seems like we just hosted our kick off event!
- We’re so grateful for the hard work and collaboration put in by all our partners (Shaunavon Wellness & Leisure, Shaunavon Library, Grand Coteau Heritage and Cultural Centre, Shaunavon Economic Development Committee) and sponsors who supported these wonderful programs for adults! And a huge thank you goes out to the Community Initiatives Fund for helping fund these programs. This initiative would not have been possible without everyone’s support!
The Me Time initiative’s slogan “Together – for the health of it!” focuses on bringing community members together to connect one another through activities to enhance our individual health and well-being.
Thank you to the Community Initiatives Fund for sponsoring Me Time programs.
Please note that Me Time events are geared towards adults ages 18+.
Follow the Me Time Shaunavon page for more details on events and programs being offered!
2023 SWT Swimming Pool
Download the SWT Swimming Pool Pass Form Here
To Register for Swimming Lessons, please download and fill out the forms below:
Download the SWT Swimming Pool Policy here.
WE’RE HIRING - JOIN OUR LIFEGUARD TEAM!
Lifeguarding is an exciting and rewarding job that is also great experience to add to a resume (and you get to work outdoors all summer)! The Town of Shaunavon will be accepting applications for lifeguards for the 2023 summer season at the SWT Swimming Pool. This posting will remain open until all positions have been filled.
A new program in place this year is the NL Incentive Program where the Town of Shaunavon will reimburse lifeguards the fees required to take their initial NL certification course. Upon hiring, 50% of the course fees will be reimbursed during the 1st summer of employment, with the remaining 50% to be reimbursed if they are employed again the year after.
As per the SWT Pool Policy, guards ages 16+ require their NL course to be a lifeguard in Shaunavon.
Apply today! Submit your resume with references to: email@example.com
or drop off at the Town Office 401 3rd St W or W&L Office CPWC 2nd Floor during office hours
or mail to Box 820 Shaunavon SK S0N 2M0\n\n
For more information contact the Wellness & Leisure Office at 297-3029 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
SHAUNAVON SLO-PITCH LEAGUE
Timeline: June through July Dates: TBD Playoff round at end of season
- Fee: $200/team - to be paid by June 7, 2023
Register your team by May 31, 2023 - Download the Registration Form here
Submit the completed form to the Wellness & Leisure Office at the CPWC or email to email@example.com
Disc rentals for the Shaunavon disc golf course will be available to sign out at the Town Office for a deposit of $40 per set, which will be returned once all discs are returned in good-condition. Discs are available for rent over 3 days. If discs are not returned within three days, the deposit will not be refunded.
Disc sets may also be purchased for $40 each.
OBJECT OF DISC GOLF
- To play each hole in the fewest throws possible.
- The player with the fewest total throws for the course wins!
Click HERE for the basic rules of Disc Golf and Map of the Course
DISC GOLF ETIQUETTE
- Share the park with other users
- Furthest player from the target throws first
- Never stand in the line of sight of a player throwing
- No smoking, alcohol or drugs allowed on the course
- NO LITTERING! Help us keep this course beautiful
DISC GOLFERS CODE
- Play Smart - Never throw into a blind area or when players, spectators, pedestrians or other facility users are within range. Use a spotter.
- Respect the Course - Observe all posted rules. No littering, graffiti, or abuse of equipment or flora.
- Represent the Sport - Be polite and responsible. Teach others.
- Reminder to please follow the following COVID-19 Restrictions for your own safety: Players exhibiting signs of illness are not permitted to play
- Each participant should have their own discs
- Rented discs will be disinfected between each rental
Download the UDisc Disc Golf App on your phone or download a printable score card HERE.
Disc Golf Sponsorship
There is still 1 hole open for a sponsorship opportunity at the Shaunavon disc golf course!!
Sponsors will get a personal name or business name on the sign at the hole selected.
Sponsorships will be $400 for a 5 year agreement, per hole (price includes the expense of signage)
Contact the Wellness & Leisure Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Friends of The SWT Pool Program
Friends of SWT Swimming Pool Program We have once again received a generous sponsorship for another year of the Friends of SWT Pool Program! If you would like to donate to the program, please contact the Shaunavon Wellness and Leisure office at (306) 297-3029 or by email at email@example.com
Any patrons of Shaunavon and area in need of assistance to purchase a season pass for the 2023 pool season, please complete an application form, found on the Town of Shaunavon Website: https://www.shaunavon.com/page/wellness-leisure/ and submit it to the Wellness & Leisure Office or the Town Office.
The funds will be distributed on a first come first serve basis until they are gone. Thank you to everyone who donates program, it is not possible without your generosity! All sponsorships and donations will be recognized at the SWT Swimming Pool this season.
Thank you to everyone who donates to this program, it would not be possible without your generosity!
All sponsorships and donations will be recognized at the SWT Pool this season.
For any questions or for more information, contact the Shaunavon Wellness and Leisure office at (306) 297-3026 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
LAWN GAME RENTALS
The Town of Shaunavon has the following Lawn Games available for rent:
- Ladder Golf
- Spike Ball
- Giant Jenga
- Bocce Ball
- Kan Jam
All lawn games are available for rent at the CPWC by contacting the Wellness & Leisure Office at (306) 297-3029. Rentals require a $50 deposit per game. Games can be kept for a max of three days and deposits will be refunded when the games are returned in good condition.
*Disc golf set rentals and purchases are also available at the Town Office - $40 deposit for a rental, and $40 to purchase.
CPWC TENDERS 2022-2023
Wellness & Leisure Committee
Members of The Wellness and Leisure Committee include:
- Councillor Shawn Lingenfelter - Chairman
- Councillor Riley Kornfeld
- Connie Allemand
- Jana Orr
- Jordan Poisson
- Jordi Thomas
The Wellness and Leisure Committee, in collaboration with its community partners provides and supports the development of a healthy vibrant community dedicated to promote activities and programs within its recreational and leisure services. The committee is committed to include all community members in its programming goals.
As an active community, the Wellness and Leisure Committee believes that all members have the right to a safe, healthy and active environment. The committee is working hard to ensure that this belief is present for each and every community member.
Director of Wellness & Leisure
Crescent Point Wickenheiser Centre - 2nd Floor at 201 7th Ave. W. Box 1047, Shaunavon, Sk S0N 2M0
OPEN Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM