ME TIME Initiative
The Grand Coteau Heritage and Cultural Centre, Shaunavon Library, Shaunavon Wellness & Leisure Committee and Economic Development Committee have partnered to create a novel community program called Me Time!
The Me Time initiative’s slogan “Together – for the health of it!” focuses on bringing community members together to connect one another through activities to enhance our individual health and well-being.
Follow the Me Time Shaunavon page for more details on events and programs being offered in the coming months!
Me Time Disc Golf Clinic
We invite all adults (ages 18+) who would like to learn the basics of Disc Golf, at NO COST!
A Disc Golf Clinic hosted by Shaunavon Wellness & Leisure and EDC is being held on Thursday, September 29th. The clinic will run from 6:00pm to 7:30pm and will be instructed by Morgan Anderson (member of the Professional Disc Golf Association).
Participants will meet at Hole 1 of the Shaunavon Disc Golf Course (North end of the TransCanada Trail in Benchview).
We please ask participants to pre-register and indicate whether they will need to borrow a set of discs as there are limited sets available! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
We hope to see you there!
Recreation Programs & Events
Drop-In Pickleball League:
- Start Date: Oct. 18th
- When: Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30pm
- Where: Shaunavon Public School Gym
- Ages: 16+ years
- Cost: Free
Shaunavon Co-ed Recreational Volleyball League:
- Begins October 17th and will continue Monday evenings from 6-9pm until the end of March at the Shaunavon Public School Gym.
- Registration is now Open!
- Registration deadline is Friday, Oct. 7th
- Cost: $90/team to be paid by October, 31st
- If you would like to play and do not have a team contact the Wellness & Leisure Office and your name will be passed along to teams that are short.
- Begins: October 17th & will be held every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday until the end of April
- *Holidays will affect these times.
- Where: CPWC Lobby & Bleachers
- Times: 9 – 11am
- Cost: Free
For more information on these programs or to register for the Volleyball League, please contact the Wellness & Leisure Office at 306-297-3029 or by email at email@example.com.
Follow Shaunavon Wellness & Leisure on Facebook.
A full listing of all the recreational facilities in Shaunavon can be found on the Community Amenities page.
Disc rentals for the Shaunavon disc golf course will be available to sign out at the Town Office or the Wellness & Leisure Office for a deposit of $40 per set, which will be returned once all discs are returned in good-condition. Discs are available for rent over 3 days. If discs are not returned within three days, the deposit will not be refunded.
Disc sets may also be purchased for $40 each.
OBJECT OF DISC GOLF
- To play each hole in the fewest throws possible.
- The player with the fewest total throws for the course wins!
Click HERE for the basic rules of Disc Golf and Map of the Course
DISC GOLF ETIQUETTE
- Share the park with other users
- Furthest player from the target throws first
- Never stand in the line of sight of a player throwing
- No smoking, alcohol or drugs allowed on the course
- NO LITTERING! Help us keep this course beautiful
DISC GOLFERS CODE
- Play Smart - Never throw into a blind area or when players, spectators, pedestrians or other facility users are within range. Use a spotter.
- Respect the Course - Observe all posted rules. No littering, graffiti, or abuse of equipment or flora.
- Represent the Sport - Be polite and responsible. Teach others.
- Reminder to please follow the following COVID-19 Restrictions for your own safety: Players exhibiting signs of illness are not permitted to play
- Each participant should have their own discs
- Rented discs will be disinfected between each rental
Disc Golf Sponsorship
There is still 1 hole open for a sponsorship opportunity at the Shaunavon disc golf course.
Sponsors will get a personal name or business name on the sign at the hole of their choosing (so long as that hole is still available for sponsorship).
Sponsorships will be $400 for a 5 year agreement, per hole (price includes the expense of signage)
Contact the Wellness & Leisure Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
LAWN GAME RENTALS
The Town of Shaunavon has the following Lawn Games available for rent:
- Ladder Golf
- Spike Ball
- Giant Jenga
- Bocce Ball
- Kan Jam
All lawn games are available for rent at the CPWC by contacting the Wellness & Leisure Office at (306) 297-3029. Rentals require a $50 deposit per game. Games can be kept for a max of three days and deposits will be refunded when the games are returned in good condition.
*Disc golf set rentals and purchases are also available at the Town Office - $40 deposit for a rental, and $40 to purchase.
CPWC TENDERS 2022-2023
Sask Lotteries Community Grant Program
Wellness & Leisure Committee
Members of The Wellness and Leisure Committee include:
- Councillor Shawn Lingenfelter - Chairman
- Councillor Riley Kornfeld
- Connie Allemand
- Patsy Bailey
- Jana Orr
- Jordan Poisson
- Garnet Stevenson
- Jordi Thomas
The Wellness and Leisure Committee, in collaboration with its community partners provides and supports the development of a healthy vibrant community dedicated to promote activities and programs within its recreational and leisure services. The committee is committed to include all community members in its programming goals.
As an active community, the Wellness and Leisure Committee believes that all members have the right to a safe, healthy and active environment. The committee is working hard to ensure that this belief is present for each and every community member.
Director of Wellness & Leisure
Crescent Point Wickenheiser Centre - 2nd Floor at 201 7th Ave. W. Box 1047, Shaunavon, Sk S0N 2M0
OPEN Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM